Going on Campaign is an unofficial rulebook and source guide for campaigns in Games Workshops Warhammer 40k. If it's your first time here, then please read the Preface first, if you're coming back, then check the Project log to see what's new.

Welcome to the world of campaigning

So, what's this all about then? Well, I've always loved campaigns, ever since I first picked up Mighty Empires 17 years ago. I loved it so much, I'm still playing it, and yes, I've still got the tiles, two sets to be precise. Anyway, I digress a little, back to the blog.

Inspired by the most excellent out of production Generals Compendium for WFB, I decided to build this blog as a long term project dedicated to campaigning in the 40k world. Over time, I hope to build this into a living rule book and source guide to 40k campaigns, covering everything from the essentials to the obscure. I'm hoping to bring you all sorts of campaigns for you to try and rules to make you games more interesting.

On that, this is a living project, so I actively encourage you to add your thoughts, your rule suggestions, your experiences and your campaigns, check out the submission guidelines for my information. Periodically, I'll update the various sections and make sure you get credited for your contribution.

This project isn't designed to give you a complete set of rules, rather a guide to the possible ways you can run a campaign and a collection of possible rules, campaigns, scenarios that you can pick from or modify for your own campaigns. So, feel free to use what you like and change what you don't, as long as it brings you some fun.

Here's hoping we can build something great together.

All the best
ColCorbane
blog comments powered by Disqus